Subject: Re: [fuse-devel] [sshfs] inode problem when using git on a sshfs filesystem

From: Goswin von Brederlow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 08:41:16 +0100

"Yann Droneaud" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Yann Droneaud wrote:
>> Fuse version 2.8.x has a "noforget" option that should provide stable
>> inode numbers, at the cost of unbounded memory use.  Could you please
>> try if this option fixes these issues?
>>
>
> Yes, this option seems to fix the problem.
>
> I will try it for a while to see if this is stable enough for a full day
> of git working. (How can I check memory usage ?)

The memory usage comes from the inodes. Fuse will never forget an inode
(unless you delete the dile/dir) that was once visited (thereby giving
allways the same inode number). As long as you don't have a billion
files that generally doesn't matter.

MfG
        Goswin