Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-send-email.txt: Add EXAMPLES section. Write 1st level sections in uppercase

From: Jari Aalto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 20:05:52 +0300

Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]> writes:

> I just think that using all these options on the command line is very
> atypical. It would be helpful to see the defaults in one place:

Now, think this:

    You have 30 servers.

    You notice a problem.

    You need that command, whatever that is.

    Consult manual page, yay (Wow, or "Ugh")

    <blink> there is EXMAPLE, options and - Hurray: Copy/Paste and use.

You don't necessarily have full blown "environment" in front of you, so
we need both

    * Full command line exmaples. They are commadn line options after
      all
    * And configuration examples

The more copy/paste ready, the better. The more FAQ like, the better.
Let's make FAQs obsolete.

Thansk for the examples, I'll be revising the patch
Jari