Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/5] meson: wire up benchmarks

From: Toon Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2025 11:07:57 +0200

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> You can execute with `meson test -i`, which will cause Meson to print
> the benchmark's output.

(annoyed grunt) I didn't think about using `-i` here, probably because
it wasn't used in the example in the commit message.

>> But I was wondering, instead of trying to fully integrate Meson into
>> those scripts, could we modify the scripts so they work with binaries
>> built by Meson? I mean, if we could run
>> `cd t/perf && ./run ../../build1 ../../build2 p0005*` and it would
>> simply run the benchmarks in those directories (without trying to check
>> out code and build the sources). I think this would help a lot already.
>
> This is another thing we could (and eventually should) do, but it's
> orthogonal to this patch series from my point of view.

That's true. This series already enables me to use benchmarks with Meson
and is definetely a decent step in the right direction. Let's get this
series merged and we can work on better comparative benchmarks later.

I just reviewed v2 and I approve on this series.

-- 
Toon