Subject: git branch --merged and git branch --verbose do not combine

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 09:52:04 +0200

dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond$ ../git/git branch --merged --verbose
fatal: malformed object name --verbose
dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond$ ../git/git branch --verbose --merged
* (detached from 5b2267a) 1c23f39 Merge branch 'issue4097' into HEAD
  issue346                8cf033e Issue 346: monochord issues
dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond$ ../git/git branch --merged
* (detached from 5b2267a)
  issue346
  issue3855
  issue4030
  issue4083
  issue4092
  issue4096
  issue4097
  removelyr
  test-master
  test-staging

So depending on the order of --verbose and --merged, one gets an
incomplete list (basically ignoring --merged) or an error message.

Since both behavior and naming of the --verbose option is more or less
orthogonal to other listing options, it would make sense to allow it to
combine with them.

-- 
David Kastrup