Subject: Re: Ediff interactive add

From: Rémi Vanicat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:57:49 +0100

Frederik Beaujean <[email-masked]>
writes:

> On 13-01-11 01:47 AM, Samuel Wales wrote:
>> I have more on this, but if possible it would be best to make ediff do
>> that natively.  I don't know if that's possible.
> Thanks for your prompt replies. The reason I looked for this feature
> is that it is available in the package git-emacs. There I can choose
> Git - 
> Add to index - Select changes in current file. Then ediff starts, and
> I can modify the buffer named <index>:FILENAME at will.
> After I answer 'y' to 'Quit this Ediff session?',  another question comes up
> 'Add changes to the git index? (y or n)'. With 'y' I see the message
> Saving file /tmp/git-emacs-tmp6991oXZ...'
>
> So I guess all it takes is saving a temporary file and adding its
> content to the index. Given my lack of experience in lisp programming,
> I don't know how hard it actually is to implement in magit,
> though. But a quick look into the source code of git-emacs revealed
> this function
>

[...]

> I would be very happy if this became available in magit.

Could you test what has just been pushed in master, it should do it.

-- 
Rémi Vanicat