Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] git-gui: spelling fixes in russian translation

From: Pat Thoyts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:47:27 +0000

Alex Riesen <[email-masked]> writes:

>On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 00:31, Pat Thoyts
><[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Alex Riesen <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>>2011/1/17 Alex Riesen <[email-masked]>:
>>>>  po/ru.po |   24 ++++++++++++------------
>>>>  1 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
>>>>
>>>> diff --git a/po/ru.po b/po/ru.po
>>>> index c15bdfa..304bb3a 100644
>>>
>>>BTW, does anyone know what happens to git-gui development?
>>>In particular, the i18n patches. The old way of pushing
>>>to a mob branch seems to stopped working, and anyway, the
>>>branch is very out of date.
>>>
>>>Is git gui development stalled? Should I perhaps send the
>>>i18n pull request directly to Junio?
>>>
>>
>> If you post here they'll get picked up eventually.
>> If you want to use the mob branch, we can use that too but you would
>> need to post here and to me to notify everyone.
>
>What's with git-gui-i18n/mob branch being out-of-date? Actually,
>it seems to be abandoned, because it does have quite a bit of
>changes in it which are not in git-gui/master: spanish, bulgarian,
>portugese, romanian, chinese, italian, japan and greek:
>
>  $ git cherry -v git-gui-i18n/master git-gui-i18n/mob
>  - 0896a7856335cc934328e02b84e1e41b9db2632d Updated Hungarian
>translation (e5fba18)
>  + c6fb29db5a50df150280b641d3c2a6703589b529 Fixed usage of positional
>parameters in it.po and ja.po
>  + a1fdd910cf11837135f8b007dbb1380131f8d107 Started Romanian Translation
>  + 2f27eb24bf1dfdbb14dbc44698cb07ed294a10cf Start Spanish translation
>  + 4616c11423484f40361466e0f2470d6c4a29e692 More strings for Spanish
>translation
>  + e51f330c4c94795cb7cfd151df2f2a222bde0d66 Yet more strings translated...
>  + 0947a8e1d71ff03fbc2838f4742de8aa6c971083 Translated a few more strings
>  - 71438168c673dd644b442a4c3f863456ddf4b13b Update french translation.
>  + bb88a426e49b73c6e7f9b0c8c3be6dc1946252a7 More translated strings
>for Spanish. Close to being there...
>  + 1cf3364c33c57f83b214e51a3ee260334ddc7e56 Fixed usage of positional
>parameters in ja.po
>  + 3f4263f049b76118ce8f8f35aacc99dc2f958a82 A few more strings
>  + 31da610cb074364aa8d6e32c4cf2a3b5c6d16b51 A Bulgarian translation
>has been added.
>  + ad8d6a97f364f4ee3082258aeddb0488652b81d2 git-gui: Update
>simplified Chinese translation to POT-2008-08-02
>  + 6227f5ee3c74078eec37790111242ac3856759da git-gui: Add traditional
>Chinese translation
>  + de6afb81c44b44722affd8f2f6aa26fece24c401 Started Portuguese translation.
>  + 78ae667f948ed29dca3f7abc3ae67996a56fabf7 Cleaned header of
>Portuguese translation and corrects translation of "Commit@@verb".
>  + c71abd9b3de78db783e8a7af92fb75bdd57bf2a9 Clean messed up header from KBabel
>  + 7b89dc573b03e26ef0b620b5f73aaf116f0eaef9 Added Greek translation & glossary
>

The git-gui/git-gui-i18n.git repository is a fork that was created to do
the initial internationalization of git-gui I believe. It predates my
involvement with this project so I could be wrong.

We don't provide a mob branch but you could create your own fork on
repo.or.cz if you intend to do much development and then post merge
requests to this group and myself.

I think I'd prefer to see forks than use a mob branch. Or receive
patches or course.

-- 
Pat Thoyts                            http://www.patthoyts.tk/
PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97  10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD