Subject: Re: Windows 7 and git-gui/gitk language

From: Pat Thoyts <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Jun 2009 20:55:28 +0100

Peter Krefting <[email-masked]> writes:

>Hi!
>
>When running on Windows XP (no matter which language of the OS I had
>installed), git-gui and gitk (msys) would show up in the language I
>had set up as my primary language in the Control Panel (Swedish).
>
>I am now running Git on the Windows 7 RC, and I cannot get it to work,
>I get English in all cases. I have set all locale settings in the
>Control Panel to Swedish, and even installed the Swedish Display
>Language Pack and set the OS language to Swedish.
>
>Does anyone know if there is something else I need to do to get
>git-gui/gitk to display in Swedish?

You could try setting the LANG environment variable. I've got an
English installation of Windows 7 but setting LANG=sv before starting
git gui or gitk causes the program to show what looks like Swedish
labels and menus.

If you fire up wish on its own (it is installed with msys Git) and
enter 'package require msgcat; msgcat::mclocale' in the console window
it should be showing something other than 'en' if your Windows
installation is non-English. There might be a bug for the Tcl people
here (comp.lang.tcl or the sourceforge bug tracker).

-- 
Pat Thoyts                            http://www.patthoyts.tk/
PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97  10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD