Subject: git-svn usability

From: David Kågedal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 18:34:52 +0100

I wanted to try out "git svn" and did a "git help svn" and got the man
page for git-svn.  That page starts out by describing that git-svn
only is useful for working with a single svn branch.  But then,
further down, it describes the commands "multi-init" and
"multi-fetch" anyway.  Confusing.  But I decided to give them a try.
But there isn't really any clear description on what the command line
should look like when you use multi-init (or any other git-svn command
for that matter).  So I boldly decided to try to run "git svn help
multi-init".  You never know, it might tell you something.  This is
what happened:

  morpheus% git svn help multi-init
  GIT_SVN_ID set to 'trunk' for help/trunk
  Initialized empty Git repository in /home/david/tmp/.git/
  W: --branches/-b not specified
  W: --tags/-t not specified

Not exactly what I wanted.  The command-line parser in git-svn is
broken since it picks the first argument that looks like a command
name.

-- 
David Kågedal