Subject: Re: [PATCH v6? 00/17] refs API: get rid of errno setting entirely

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 20:26:06 +0200

On Tue, Jul 13 2021, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 6:30 PM Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> After starting a review of v5 of Han-Wen's where I was coming up with
>> squashes-on-top I continued with it and saw if I could get rid of
>> errno setting entirely in refs.
>
> thanks for taking this further! Is there a place where I can pull this
> code (applying patches is bothersome).

I've got it pushed to avar-review/pr-git-1012/hanwen/einval-sideband-v5
at https://github.com/avar/git.git :
https://github.com/avar/git/tree/avar-review/pr-git-1012%2Fhanwen%2Feinval-sideband-v5

> It adds resolve_refs_unsafe_with_errno() to the  public API in refs.h,
> and I think it has an ugly signature, but I suppose it's better than
> having the output be implicit through the global errno variable.

Yeah it is a bit ugly, perhaps we should just end up using the old name
once there's no callers of the old one?

> I read over your patches, and they seem OK to me, modulo small
> comments I posted.

Thanks, don't have time to look it over in detail now, will reply later.