Subject: SunCC doesn't compile v2.32.0-rc* anymore (was "Re: [PATCH 2/3] t/helper/test-bitmap.c: initial commit")

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 20:30:49 +0200

On Wed, Mar 31 2021, Taylor Blau wrote:

> Add a new 'bitmap' test-tool which can be used to list the commits that
> have received bitmaps.
> [...]
> @@ -0,0 +1,24 @@
> +#include "test-tool.h"
> +#include "cache.h"
> +#include "pack-bitmap.h"

Since this commit SunCC (on Solaris) refuses to compile git, a new bug
in v2.32.0-rc*.

It's because it can't find the oe_get_size_slow symbol, you include
pack-bitmap.h, which in turn includes pack-objects.h. That file
references oe_get_size_slow, but it's only defined in
builtin/pack-objects.c.

That looseness of definitions far pre-dates v2.32.0, but I suspect we
got away with it due to builtins including everything (or something)
anyway, and that this is the first test-tool usage.