Subject: Re: [PATCH] Simple update to bash completions to prevent unbound variable errors.

From: Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:35:56 +0200

Ted Pavlic (2009-01-12 23:50 -0500) wrote:

> NOTE: On my system, I save git-completion.bash to .git_bash_completion.
> Because of that, Vim can't ftdetect off of the file name. The modeline
> allows ft=sh even when you don't end in .sh or .bash.
>
> An alternative (to a Vim modeline) is to put
>
> #!bash
>
> at the top of the script. That would do the same thing as the modeline
> (even though it would never actually get used by the sourced "script").

Another way is to set filetype detection locally. This way the project
files don't get filled with editor-specific stuff. You may want add
something like the following to your ~/.vim/filetype.vim file:

    augroup filetypedetect
            autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead .git_bash_completion  setl ft=sh
    augroup END