Subject: Re: The git spring cleanup challenge

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 15:13:17 +0300

Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> David Aguilar <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > +1 for merge.conflictstyle = diff3, rerere.enabled = true, and
>> > log.decorate = short from me. I noticed others already mentioned
>> > these.
>> 
>> As the inventor of rerere, I agree on rerere.enabled.  It was made
>> opt-in only because I thought it was somewhat risky when the feature
>> was introduced, but it has been stable and useful, and it is long
>> overdue to be enabled by default.
>
> Agreed.
>
> I personally would like some interface to see what's going on behind the
> scenes because sometimes I've made a wrong resolution that gets carried
> around and I don't know of a way to clear them (other than manually
> hunting down the cached files).

I'm second here. Wanted to get rid of some recorded resolutions, but
didn't find a suitable way to.

Thanks,
-- Sergey Organov.