Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 00/22] fsck: API improvements

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 10:16:40 +0100

On Mon, Mar 08 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Now that jt/transfer-fsck-across-packs has been merged to master
>> here's a re-roll of v1[1]+v2[2] of this series.
>
> It unfortunately is not a good time to review or helping any work on
> this series, as the base topic introduced an unpleasant regression
> and needs to either probably gain a band-aid (or reverted in the
> worst case); of course, it would be appreciated to help resolve the
> issues on that topic ;-)

I should have mentioned: I saw the bug & proposed fix thread for that.
I see that 2aec3bc4b64 (fetch-pack: do not mix --pack_header and
packfile uri, 2021-03-04) down into next is now merged down to next.

My reading of that thread is that the reported bug is solved, but
perhaps we're not 100% happy with the solution?

In any case, that patch does not conflict with this series, and all
tests pass with/without the two merged together.

I don't forese an issue with the two stepping on each other's toes,
since I'm just modifying the rather low-level fsck interface of spewing
out .gitmodules entries, not touching the logic of what's then done with
that information...