Subject: Re: [PATCH] branch: add '-' to delete previous branch

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 23:26:59 +0300

Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 10:50:41PM +0300, Sergey Organov wrote:
>> Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > In my opinion, it is fairly clear that 'git branch -D -' means "delete
>> > the last branch", and not "delete a list of branches from stdin.
>>
>> Honestly, I'd never guess it'd "delete the last branch". No way.
>
> I'm having trouble understanding why. This is how 'git checkout -'
> behaves, so I have no idea why 'git branch' wouldn't work the same
> way.

Well, if I knew 'git checkout -' does this, then yes, it'd be obvious.
The problem is that I didn't. Well, then, as I said in my original
reaction, I'm probably too late on this.

BTW, it was not that easy to find it in the "git help checkout" even
when I was specifically looking for it.

Thanks,
-- Sergey