Subject: ANNOUNCE: A mailing list for git packaging discussion

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:16:59 +0200

Now that my PCRE v2 patches have landed, I wanted to prod packagers of
git to tell them they could build against it since they probably had it
packaged already.

After E-Mailing Jonathan Nieder about that asking if there was a better
way to contact packagers than hunting down their E-Mails individually:

    > More generally, do you know if there's some good way to contact the
    > maintainers of various git packages (I was hoping there would be some
    > list, even an unofficial giant CC one), or if I'd just need to hunt down
    > the contact details for common distros manually.

    Sadly I don't know of a git-packagers@ list, or I'd be on it. :)

Hence this list. It'll be a low-volume list used for dev -> packager
announcements & coordinaiton, and perhaps discussion about git packaging
in general (to the extent people feel a need to not discuss that on the
main ML).

If you're interested sign up at:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/git-packagers

I've already invited a few people I found in
Debian/Ubuntu/Arch/Gentoo/FreeBSD git package changelogs with some quick
Googling & those I personally know package Git, but if you are or know
anyone packaging git please sign up / prod those people.

Thanks!