Subject: Re: pack bitmap woes on Windows

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:23:05 +0100

Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am 2/12/2014 13:55, schrieb David Kastrup:
>> Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>>> Running test suite of 'next' on Windows fails in t5310-pack-bitmaps with
>>> the following symptoms. I haven't followed the topic. Have there been
>>> patches floating that addressed the problem in one way or another?
>>>
>>> (gdb) run
>>> Starting program: D:\Src\mingw-git\t\trash
>>> directory.t5310-pack-bitmaps/..\..\git.exe rev-list --test-bitmap
>>> HEAD
>>> [New thread 3528.0x8d4]
>>> Bitmap v1 test (20 entries loaded)
>>> Found bitmap for 537ea4d3eb79c95f602873b1167c480006d2ac2d. 64 bits
>>> / 15873b36 checksum
>> 
>> Does reverting a201c20b41a2f0725977bcb89a2a66135d776ba2 help?
>
> YES! t5310 passes after reverting this commit.

Oh.  I just looked through the backtrace until finding a routine
reasonably related with the regtest and checked for the last commit
changing it, then posted my question.

Then I looked through the diff of the patch and considered it
unconspicuous.  So I commenced reading through earlier commits.

I actually don't have a good idea what might be wrong here.  The code is
somewhat distasteful as it basically uses eword_t and uint64_t
interchangeably, but then this does match its current definition.

-- 
David Kastrup