Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 04/11] contrib: remove "thunderbird-patch-inline"

From: Collin Funk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2025 21:05:14 -0700

Hi,

You said:

> The "thunderbird-patch-inline" directory in "contrib/" contains a script
> to send patch files via Thunderbird. This script depends on the
> ExternalEditor extension [1], which seems to be effectively unmaintained
> with the last update being in 2008. While the extension has eventually
> been maintained in [2], that fork hasn't received any updates since
> 2020, either.
>
> In addition, the script itself hasn't really seen a lot of maintenance
> outside of a couple of global cleanups. It is quite unlikely that this
> setup still works, and if it did it's even less likely that somebody
> uses this script.

FWIW, in case it helps any Thunderbird users, there is External Editor
Revived which seems to work pretty well when I used Thunderbird [1].

I think this script would be irrelevant with that extension though.

Collin

[1] https://github.com/Frederick888/external-editor-revived