Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 0/5] RUNTIME_PREFIX relocatable Git

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 09:14:50 +0200

On Tue, Apr 10 2018, Dan Jacques wrote:

> This is a minor update based on comments from the v6 series.
> I'm hoping this set is good to go!

This looks to me. Thanks!

> - Rebased on top of "master".

Probably useful for others to have the interdiff between this and
v7. Here it is:
    
    $ git tbdiff origin/master b329fde5a6 2b1ed6a79a
    1: 776c7d6083 = 1: 4943ec6581 Makefile: generate Perl header from template file
    2: 0cded81572 ! 2: 29223250da Makefile: add Perl runtime prefix support
        @@ -52,10 +52,9 @@
    
          prefix = $(HOME)
         @@
        - 
          mandir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(mandir))
          infodir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(infodir))
        -+gitexecdir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(gitexecdir))
        + gitexecdir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(gitexecdir))
         +localedir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(localedir))
          htmldir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(htmldir))
         +perllibdir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(perllibdir))
        @@ -68,7 +67,7 @@
          localedir_SQ = $(subst ','\'',$(localedir))
         +localedir_relative_SQ = $(subst ','\'',$(localedir_relative))
          gitexecdir_SQ = $(subst ','\'',$(gitexecdir))
        -+gitexecdir_relative_SQ = $(subst ','\'',$(gitexecdir_relative))
        + gitexecdir_relative_SQ = $(subst ','\'',$(gitexecdir_relative))
          template_dir_SQ = $(subst ','\'',$(template_dir))
          htmldir_relative_SQ = $(subst ','\'',$(htmldir_relative))
          prefix_SQ = $(subst ','\'',$(prefix))
    3: a0e41f5f41 ! 3: 5220baf80e exec_cmd: RUNTIME_PREFIX on some POSIX systems
        @@ -109,6 +109,8 @@
         +  
            git_setup_gettext();
    
        +   initialize_the_repository();
        + 
            attr_start();
    
         -  git_extract_argv0_path(argv[0]);
    4: b25be6e56d = 4: 57dcc5203e exec_cmd: provide a new-style RUNTIME_PREFIX helper for Windows
    5: b329fde5a6 = 5: 2b1ed6a79a mingw/msvc: use the new-style RUNTIME_PREFIX helper