Subject: Re: Credentials and the Secrets API...

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 12:01:49 -0500

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 05:58:47 -0500 John Szakmeister <[email-masked]> wrote: 

JS> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:05:03 -0400 John Szakmeister <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
JS> Just wanted to keep folks in the loop.  It turns out that the Secrets
JS> API is still to young.  I asked about the format to store credentials
JS> in (as far as attributes), and got a response from a KDE developer
JS> that says it's still to young on their front.  They hope to have
JS> support in the next release of KDE.  But there's still the issue of
JS> what attributes to use.

>> Do you think the Secrets API has matured enough?  KDE has had a new
>> release since your post...

JS> Yes, I think it has.  Several other applications appear to be using
JS> it, including some things considered "core" in Fedora--which is a good
JS> sign.

Wonderful.  Do you still have interest in working on this credential?

Ted