Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] stash: implement '--staged' option for 'push' and 'save'

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 23:14:57 +0300

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sergey Organov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> but
>>> unlike the "stash -p" that goes interactive to let the user pick
>>> hunks, in which context "oh, no, you did not SELECT anything" makes
>>> perfect sense as an error message, this message would be confusing
>>> to users who weren't offered a chance to select.
>>
>> It seems to me that it makes sense to leave this warning as is, in case
>> the user invoked "stash --staged" without anything staged. I'm OK to
>> change this if you have something better in mind.
>
> I am not questioning the presense of the warning.  It is just the
> phrasing of the warning---"You have nothing staged" would make a
> good message, but "You didn't select anything", when we do not offer
> them a chance to select in the first place, would not work well.

Ah, I agree, your phrasing is much better, -- will fix.

Thanks,
-- Sergey Organov