Subject: Re: The git spring cleanup challenge

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 13:00:12 +0300

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sergey Organov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I'm second here. Wanted to get rid of some recorded resolutions, but
>> didn't find a suitable way to.
>
> J6t gave a good summary on a side thread.  "rerere forget" followed
> by "checkout -m" is your friend (alternatively you can redo the
> operation that applied a "wrong" resolution after doing the "rerere
> forget" step, of course).

Well, I was not in the middle of any merge when I wanted the feature,
and "forget", according to its documentation, deals with "the current
conflict".

As far as I recall, I wanted rerere to just forget everything it ever
knew about merge resolutions for all the paths in particular
sub-directory, before I even start the merge, and I rather ended up
doing the merge in a fresh clone.

Thanks,
-- Sergey Organov