Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/3] git-send-email: die on invalid smtp_encryption

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 16:22:24 +0200

On Tue, Apr 13 2021, Drew DeVault wrote:

> Can I get one of the maintainers to chime in on this thread and explain,
> in their opinion, what this patchset needs before it is acceptable? I'm
> not sure where I should go from this discussion.

Git just has the one maintainer, Junio C Hamano.

Ultimately getting your patch in is up to his whimsy.

Maybe he'll reply, but in an attempt to save him some time (which I
understand I'm taking too much of these days):

Getting your patch in is ultimately up to you.

So you submitted a patch, got some feedback/review.

Through some combination of this thread (mainly
<[email-masked]> and
<[email-masked]>) I suggested making some changes in a v3.

I.e. cleaning up some of the semantics (config docs/handling leaking
implementation details) and improving the commit message(s) to summarize
the trade-offs, why this approach is safe/isn't safe/why it's OK in the
cases it's not etc.

So, whatever Junio or anyone else thinks of my opinion I think it's fair
to say that at this point he's most likely to skim this thread and see
that there's some outstanding feedback that hasn't been addressed.

"Addressed" means either re-rolling into a v3, or deciding that nothing
(or only part of the feedback) needs to be changed and/or
addressed.

Both/some of those/that are perfectly acceptable approaches, but in
either case making things easily digestable to Junio will help your
series along.