Subject: Re: Draft of Git Rev News edition 1

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 12:21:44 +0100

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> A draft of Git Rev News edition 1 is available here:
>
> https://github.com/git/git.github.io/blob/master/rev_news/draft/edition-1.md
>
> Everyone is welcome to contribute in any section either by editing the
> above page on GitHub and sending a pull request, or by commenting on
> this GitHub issue:
>
> https://github.com/git/git.github.io/issues/17
>
> You can also reply to this email.

I've seen

    David Kastrup (dak at gnu.org) previously reimplemented significant
    parts of "git blame" for a vast gain in performance with complex
    histories and large files. As working on free software is his sole
    source of income, please consider contributing to his remuneration
    if you find this kind of improvements useful.

Thank you very much for this heads-up.  However, I'd replace
"previously" with "as of version 2.1.0".  That's where the big
difference is, so if people actually are impacted they'll know whether
and what to benchmark and/or upgrade.

-- 
David Kastrup