Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] meson: only detect ICONV_OMITS_BOM if possible

From: Toon Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2025 15:55:34 +0100

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> We have `not meson.is_cross_build()` in a different location to guard a
> call to `compiler.run()`. But `can_run_host_binaries()` is the better
> way to test for this condition, as it allows the host to plug in a
> wrapper (e.g. QEMU or WINE) that _would_ allow it to execute binaries of
> the target host.
>
> `can_run_host_binaries()` is available since Meson 0.55, and we target
> a version >=0.61.0. So should we maybe convert that other callsite to
> use `can_run_host_binaries()` in a separate commit?

I've sent "PATH 3/2" on top of this series. I've found two occurrences
of `not meson.is_cross_compile()` but only replaced one, because the
other is used to guard `fs.exists()` which (as far as I can tell) always
runs on the build machine.

-- 
Cheers,
Toon