Subject: ab/parse-options-cleanup

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 16:32:26 +0200

On Thu, Sep 30 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> * ab/parse-options-cleanup (2021-09-28) 10 commits
>  - parse-options: change OPT_{SHORT,UNSET} to an enum
>  - parse-options tests: test optname() output
>  - parse-options.[ch]: make opt{bug,name}() "static"
>  - commit-graph: stop using optname()
>  - parse-options.c: move optname() earlier in the file
>  - parse-options.h: make the "flags" in "struct option" an enum
>  - parse-options.c: use exhaustive "case" arms for "enum parse_opt_type"
>  - parse-options.[ch]: consistently use "enum parse_opt_result"
>  - parse-options.[ch]: consistently use "enum parse_opt_flags"
>  - parse-options.h: move PARSE_OPT_SHELL_EVAL between enums
>
>  Random changes to parse-options implementation.
>
>  What's the status of this one?  Meh?

Re-rolled just now at
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

I could rebase on it being ejected, but I've got some niceties in
parse_options() currently depending on it, and as notedi in the updated
02/11 I think that "enum bitfield" pattern is worth it under
debuggers. So it would be great if it could advance. Thanks!