Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 2/5] repo-settings: add feature.manyCommits setting

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:01:57 +0200

On Tue, Jul 30 2019, Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget wrote:

> +feature.*::
> +	The config settings that start with `feature.` modify the defaults of
> +	a group of other config settings. These groups are created by the Git
> +	developer community as recommended defaults and are subject to change.
> +	In particular, new config options may be added with different defaults.
> +
> +feature.manyCommits::
> +	Enable config options that optimize for repos with many commits. This
> +	setting is recommended for repos with at least 100,000 commits. The
> +	new default values are:
> ++
> +* `core.commitGraph=true` enables reading the commit-graph file.
> ++
> +* `gc.writeCommitGraph=true` enables writing the commit-graph file during
> +garbage collection.

During the whole new commit graph format discussion (which has now
landed) we discussed just auto toggling this:
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

This looks fine, but have we backed out of simply enabling this at this
point? I don't see why not, regardless of commit count...