Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] imap-send: fixes for CRAM-MD5 authentication

From: Hitoshi Mitake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 15:29:30 +0900

At Fri, 8 Apr 2016 23:02:18 +0900,
Kazuki Yamaguchi wrote:
> 
> [1/2]
> Check for LOGINDISABLED capability only when using LOGIN command, as it
> is unrelated to authentication with CRAM-MD5.
> 
> [2/2]
> Remove extra + 1, which is probably mistakenly added. Without this patch
> I can't open my IMAP server (Dovecot 2.2).
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Kazuki Yamaguchi (2):
>   imap-send: check for NOLOGIN capability only when using LOGIN command
>   imap-send: fix CRAM-MD5 response calculation
> 
>  imap-send.c | 12 ++++++------
>  1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

Yamaguchi-san, thanks for your patches and letting me know. The
CRAM-MD5 feature would have problems as you pointed. I just
implemented it for my own usecase years ago (at that time I used
Cyrus) and am not using it for now. The code is old but not tested
well yet (I'm not sure how many people are using it).

Unfortunately I can't test the patches because I don't have an IMAP
server that is suitable for testing. But I think the patches are worth
to apply because they are valuable for your usecase. Sorry for my
irresponible answer :(