Subject: Re: git-scm.com is now a static website

From: Toon Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2024 10:30:28 +0200

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

> This was truly a team effort, and I would like to celebrate everyone who
> contributed:

Amazing job everyone, it's really impressive!

> - Toon Claes for not only pointing out that the style sheet for the search
>   results needs fixing but also for fixing it right away,

I only wrote five lines of CSS, but thanks for having me take part.

> You will note that the site looks pretty similar to the version before,
> and this is of course intentional.

That's the best thing. Nobody's gonna know...

> There are also new things that have sprung up that are not caused by the
> migration to Hugo/Pagefind, for example some diagrams no longer shown (see
> https://github.com/git/git-scm.com/issues/1862) because the Google Charts
> API entered the Google Graveyard. Any takers?

Yeah, serving static images makes a lot more sense. Unfortanately I'm
not familiar with d3.js.

But I will have a look at the GitHub issue tracker if there's anything
else I can help out with.

-- 
Toon