Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Fun with cpp word regex

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 11:14:00 +0200

On Thu, Oct 07 2021, Johannes Sixt via GitGitGadget wrote:

> The cpp word regex driver is a bit too loose and can match too much text
> where the intent is to match only a number. The first patch fixes that.
>
> The other two patches add support for digit separators and the spaceship
> operator <=> (generalized comparison operator).
>
> I left out support for hexadecimal floating point constants because that
> would require to tighten the regex even more to avoid that entire
> expressions are treated as single tokens.
>
> Johannes Sixt (3):
>   userdiff: tighten cpp word regex
>   userdiff: permit the digit-separating single-quote in numbers
>   userdiff: learn the C++ spaceship operator
>
>  userdiff.c | 10 ++++++++--
>  1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

I haven't dug into the C++ syntax here, I trust you know what you're
doing there.

But some tests in t/t4034/cpp/* would be great, and seem from the files
easy to add. E.g. wouldn't changing:

    a<b a<=b a>b a>=b

to:

    a<b a<=b a>b a>=b a<=>b

Give you an updated regression test for your 3/3? Similar changes can be
done for 1-2/3.