Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 4/4] CodingGuidelines: recommend singular they

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 14:29:37 +0200

On Mon, Jun 28 2021, Derrick Stolee wrote:

> On 6/28/2021 6:32 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> I would like to consider that the last draft I did [*1*] based on
>>> earlier suggestions by Derrick and Ævar would be a reasonable middle
>>> ground.
>>>
>>> I'll go mostly offline next week---I'd notice if the list came up
>>> with a vastly different concensus when I come back, but hopefully
>>> not ;-)
>> 
>> Well, I misspoke.  If the list reached a consensus while I was away,
>> then that would have been a happy outcome, whether it was close to,
>> or vastly different from, the one I suggested.
>
> I hope that my reply to your attempt was clear that I found it to
> be a good approach. I'm happy with it.

Since you posted the v3 of this patch series there's been on the order
of 30 E-Mails dowthread of v3 4/4, but your only replies have been to
Junio.

What phrasing (if any) we use for prose guidelines in the
CodingGuidelines doesn't cover the various outstanding questions. Mostly
point-by-point feedback from myself & Felipe.

Per my upthread [1] do you plan to address that feedback & re-roll, or
ignore it?

1. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/