Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] repack: enable bitmaps by default on bare repos

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 22:17:33 +0200

On Sat, May 04 2019, SZEDER Gábor wrote:

> On Sat, May 04, 2019 at 08:52:01AM +0200, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>> As an aside this is the Nth time I notice how crappy that "Enumerating
>> objects" progress bar is.
>
> And don't forget that the commit-graph progress bar still prints
> nonsense :)
>
>   https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

I forgot for a bit, but then figured I'd get out of Derrick's way with
his more significant commit-graph work (which would have inevitably had
merge conflicts with this patch), and look at the time. Here we are
coming up on rc0.

I'm inclined to just wait until Derrick's refactorings land post-2.22.0
unless a) we need it enough before 2.22.0 to cause him trouble b) Junio
agrees with "a" and would take such a patch to fix this part of the
progress output before 2.22.0.

If people (just you would do) tell me "yes I/we want it" and Junio says
"yeah I'll do that" I'll write this patch in the next couple of days,
otherwise I'll do other stuff.

Junio?