Subject: Re: netrc credential helper promotion out of contrib?

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 11:12:07 -0400

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 12:28:39 -0700 Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote: 

JCH> Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:
>> A while has passed since contrib/credential/netrc was added. Is it OK to
>> promote it to be part of the main installation?

JCH> I gave it a quick glance, and it seems to be cleanly written, except
JCH> that "EOHIPPUS" (End-of-Hippus?  Eohippus the extinct horse?) looked
JCH> a bit too strange to my taste ;-).  It does not seem to use features
JCH> older versions of Perl some people are stuck with do not support.

Thanks, I was careful about that.  `EOF' as the end-of-document marker
is a bit boring, don't you think?  Well, I can use it here if you
insist, but it seems OK to me.

JCH> I do not mind seeing a patch that moves contrib/credential/netrc to
JCH> credential/netrc and adjusts the top-level Makefile.  The test
JCH> script needs to be updated to fit the rest of t/ hierarchy better,
JCH> though.

OK, I will work on that patch.  Thanks for the reply.

Ted