Subject: Re: git fetch pack freezes

From: Ivan Kanis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:25:33 +0100

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Ivan Kanis <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> On the server we are seeing the following error message:
>
> Upgrade your server.

OK we'll look into it. I have a question: will a 1.8 server still serve
1.7 git client?

> So the stack frames are correct. Its just a problem that the parent
> didn't identify the server crashing and closing its side of the pipe
> on stdin to force it to EOF to prevent the child from getting hung
> here in a read.

It sounds like a bug on the client, doesn't it?
-- 
Ivan Kanis, Release Manager, Vision Objects,
Tel +33 2 28 01 49 50,  Fax +33 2 40 25 89 20
http://www.visionobjects.com

Let a fool hold his tongue and he will pass for a sage.
    -- Publilius Syrus