Subject: Re: [BUG ?] completion of stash name with git stash

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:14:16 +0100

Mathieu CLAVEL <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thomas Rast <trast <at> student.ethz.ch> writes:
>
>> This works for me using git completion as shipped with v1.7.9-rc2 and
>> bash 4.2.10.  Double-tabbing at 'git stash drop ' prints a list of
>> stashes as expected.  Which bash version are you using?
>
>
> $ bash --version
> GNU bash, version 3.1.0(1)-release (i686-pc-msys)
> Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> It's the version ship with the last version of msysGit.
> I'm not sure I can update bash on Windows without any risk to break something.
> So, do you think it's coming from the bash version ?

Indeed, I compiled bash 3.1 and with that (and otherwise the same bashrc
etc.) I can reproduce.  Ditto for 4.0-rc1, which was the newest version
in the repository where I found the bash source[1], so I couldn't
bisect.  Perhaps if you can hunt down something newer you could try to
find the version where it starts working.

[1] git://gitorious.org/bash/bash.git

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch