Subject: Re: A typesetting problem with git man pages

From: Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 00:22:43 +0200

Jonas Fonseca (2008-10-29 20:35 +0100) wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 20:16, Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Does anybody know why "man" prints those ".ft" commands? The
>> corresponding code in git-log.1 file is this:

> I had a similar problem after upgrading on Ubuntu and came up with a
> patch to optionally disable some of asciidoc.conf (commit
> 7f55cf451c9e7). Try putting DOCBOOK_XSL_172=Yes in your config.mak.

Ah, thank you. That fixed it.

In case someone is interested there is still a minor flaw that an
example command and the following paragraph is printed with no empty
line between them. Like in the beginning of "git help tutorial", for
example:

    First, note that you can get documentation for a command such as git
    log --graph with:

        $ man git-log             
    It is a good idea to introduce yourself to git [...]

It would be nicer if there was empty line after "$ man git-log". I can't
remember if this is new issue or not. This applies only to man pages; in
html pages there are nice boxes around example commands and equal
spacing before and after them.