Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/7] making log --first-parent imply -m

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 19:41:00 +0300

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sergey Organov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Sounds great, I only hoped we can do it right now, with this new
>> --diff-merges option, maybe as a pre-requisite to the patches in
>> question, but Jeff said it's too late, dunno why.
>
> A follow-up patch or two to remove the "--diff-merges" option and
> add the "--diff-parents=(none|<number>|c|cc|all)" option on top of
> the jk/log-fp-implies-m topic BEFORE it graduates to 'master' is a
> possibility.
>
> But is it worth the delay?  I dunno.

I don't think it's worth the delay, provided yet another new
--diff-parents is to be implemented rather that using --diff-merges for
that.

-- Sergey