Subject: Re: Git v2.21.0-rc0 broken on *BSD, maybe others

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 14:14:56 +0100

On Tue, Feb 12 2019, Duy Nguyen wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 7:43 PM Duy Nguyen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> The test failures on NetBSD and Solaris/Sparc, not sure if we can do
>> anything without test logs or access to these systems.
>
> Actually if you could tweak your ci script a bit to run tests with -v,
> that would help.

I vaguely remember doing that and running into some issue where it
truncated the output, so e.g. I wouldn't see compile warnings on AIX
because of the firehose of subsequent test output.

But yeah, having this in some smart way would be great. I'd be most keen
to just work towards offloading this to some smarter test runner as
noted to Johannes upthread.

I.e. a good test_for(SHA1, params) function would run the tests with
"prove", and e.g. spot that tests so-and-so failed, and then run those
specific ones with -v -x.

That's how I was going to fix the log overflow problem, but I'd much
rather not continue hacking on this gitlab-gccfarm-specific thing, and
instead work towards something more general.