Subject: Re: Missed Commit in 2.20.1

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 23:40:22 +0100

On Wed, Dec 26 2018, Randall S. Becker wrote:

> Please stay tuned for patches. We are very much looking forward to having
> the two (or three) different NonStop hardware personalities supported
> without mods in the very near future. Our goal, assuming those patches are
> acceptable, is to move our build/test/distro into a Jenkins config that runs
> with minimal human involvement (a.k.a. me).

Portability patches like that are definitely wanted.

In case you haven't seen my recent work on getting GitLab CI up &
running check out
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

It differs from existing CI implementations for git.git in being focused
on doing the actual run on remote hosts that can be ssh'd to.

So perhaps you'd be interested in some of:

a) Contributing a NonStop box to the GCC Compile Farm
   (https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/machines/list/). Then I can add it to
   my tests, but also other people porting free software will fix bugs
   pro-actively before you spot them.

b) I now have a gitlab-runner I maintain powering this git-ci.git stuff
   & presenting it on gitlab.com, if you give me SSH access I can add it
   to my own runs...

c) ...or you can just run your own gitlab-runner on
   https://gitlab.com/git-vcs/git-ci/ (although this amounts to giving
   me ssh access, since you'll be running my code)....

d) ... or reuse the CI code I wrote to setup your own runner/pusher
   against NonStop, only you'd have access to this....

e) Or do whatever you're planning with Jenkins.

If you want to just go with e) that's fine, just saying that you could
re-use some existing stuff with a-d) if you wanted.