Subject: Re: [PATCH] format-patch: set diffstat width to 70 instead of default 80

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 01:10:43 +0100

On Mon, Jan 22 2018, Jeff King jotted:

> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 07:31:54PM +0700, Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy wrote:
>> +	opts.diffopt.stat_width = 70;
>>
>>  	diff_setup_done(&opts);
>
> I wondered how this should interact with any config, but I don't think
> you can actually configure the stat-width. You _can_ configure
> diff.statgraphwidth, though, which seems like a funny inconsistency.

Isn't the numeric argument to --stat (this works with/without this
patch):

    $ git format-patch -10 --stdout --stat=30 -- t|grep -m 5 ' | '
     ...submodule-update.sh | 1 +
     ...ule-update.sh | 14 ++++++
     ...-addresses.sh | 27 ---
     t/t9000/test.pl  | 67 ------
     ...send-email.sh | 19 ++++++
    $ git format-patch -10 --stdout --stat=90 -- t|grep -m 5 ' | '
     t/lib-submodule-update.sh | 1 +
     t/lib-submodule-update.sh | 14 ++++++++++++++
     t/t9000-addresses.sh | 27 -------------------------
     t/t9000/test.pl      | 67 --------------------------------------------------------------
     t/t9001-send-email.sh | 19 +++++++++++++++++++