Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] 2.14 RelNotes improvements

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 13:03:39 +0200

On Thu, Jul 20 2017, Junio C. Hamano jotted:

> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Here's a few patches to improve the relnotes. I started just writing
>> 6/6 since I think (I don't care about the wording) that we should in
>> some way mention the items in the list in the 6/6 commit message.
>>
>> Along the way I noticed a few more missing things.
>>
>> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (6):
>>   RelNotes: mention "log: add -P as a synonym for --perl-regexp"
>>   RelNotes: mention "log: make --regexp-ignore-case work with
>>     --perl-regexp"
>>   RelNotes: mention "sha1dc: optionally use sha1collisiondetection as a
>>     submodule"
>>   RelNotes: mention that PCRE v2 exposes the same syntax
>>   RelNotes: remove duplicate mention of PCRE v2
>>   RelNotes: add more notes about PCRE in 2.14
>
> Thanks.  1-3/6 went straight to 'master'.  I am not outright
> rejecting the remainder, but I do not think these are release notes
> material---if they need to be told, they should be in a part of the
> regular documentation, and I suspect that they already are in your
> series.

Thanks. I agree that 4-6 are better left to the docs. I wasn't very
familiar with the format of the release notes / what you preferref to
list there & how.

I'll integrate what 6/6 mentions with my nascent gitperformance.txt
series.