Subject: Re: Is there something like a blamed diff?

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:41:13 +0100

David Kastrup <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thomas Rast <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> David Kastrup <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> When comparing two branches, decorating the flat diff with the
>>> respectively responsible commits seems like it would be nice to do/have
>>> (the blame on the identical parts, in contrast, is not really
>>> interesting).  Is there any tool that provides something like that?
>>
>> This seems to come up every year or so:
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/110369/focus=110383
>
> Nice.  That one could likely be sped up by calling git-blame just once
> on each file with multiple -L options.

Yes.  You'll note that the email predates the support for multiple -L
options by a few years :-)

I never had a need for such a script, I just wrote that in response to
someone asking about it.  If you find it useful, please clean it up for
inclusion in contrib/.

-- 
Thomas Rast
[email-masked]