Subject: Re: [StGit PATCH] Added test case for stg refresh

From: David Kågedal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:38:26 +0100

"Catalin Marinas" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 22/11/2007, David Kågedal <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> "Catalin Marinas" <[email-masked]> writes:
>> > I noticed the weirdness few days ago and fixed it in
>> > e8813959aa3a7c41ffef61d06068b10519bd4830 (though no test caught it).
>> > Do you still see problems after this commit?
>>
>> The problem I see is that there still is no test case. That is bad and
>> means that it could break again tomorrow without anyone noticing.
>>
>> Luckily, I just wrote one for you :-)
>
> Thanks :-). We are still far from testing all the possible
> combinations. Is there a way to do code coverage in Python?

Being far from testing everything doesn't mean that you can't start
adding tests for the things you know have a tendency to break. And for
the things that you are going to refactor. And as regression tests
when you fix a bug. A test suite can be built up by adding small parts
at a time.

But no, I don't know of any useful code coverage tool for python, but
I haven't really looked.

-- 
David Kågedal