Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/14] Stop using `the_repository` in some trivial cases

From: Toon Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2025 22:12:24 +0100

Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]> writes:

> I went through half of the patches a week ago, but got back to reading
> through the series today.

I've also been reading through the whole series today, and the changes
are trivial and look good to me.

> The approach here is to simply bubble up the usage of `the_repository`
> to upper layers and use `the_repository` there. The alternative approach
> would be to try and resolve the dependency on the upper layers and not
> use `the_repository`. This approach seems much safer. The patches look
> good to me.

I took me a while to get into the mindset of taking this approach, but
after chatting with Patrick I've changed my mind and agree with this
approach. The goal of this series is to eliminate the use of
`the_repository` in the mentioned subsystems. Simply bubbling up the use
of that variable to the callers of those subsystems is very trivial and
safe to do.

--
Toon