Subject: hm/paint-hits-in-log-grep

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 18:47:46 +0200

On Mon, Oct 04 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> * hm/paint-hits-in-log-grep (2021-09-29) 3 commits
>  - pretty: colorize pattern matches in commit messages
>  - grep: refactor next_match() and match_one_pattern() for external use
>  - Merge branch 'jk/grep-haystack-is-read-only' into hm/paint-hits-in-log-grep
>  (this branch uses jk/grep-haystack-is-read-only.)
>
>  "git log --grep=string --author=name" learns to highlight hits just
>  like "git grep string" does.
>
>  Will merge to 'next'?

Encodings, timezones and ... taxes? Anyway.

I tested this and it LGTM, but I found a bug in how it handles UTF-8 &
interacts with i18n.{log,commit}Encoding. See
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

I've got a WIP patch there on top (which I forgot to include a
Signed-off-by, but Hamza: You can assume it's there:). It *should* be
fairly easy to fix in a final v11, but maybe I've only gleamed the entry
of that particular rabbit hole so far ... :)