Subject: Re: [PATCH v13 00/27] Convert "git stash" to C builtin

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 22:45:30 +0100

On Tue, Feb 26 2019, Thomas Gummerer wrote:

> As I was advocating for this series to go into 'next' without a large
> refactor of this series, I'll put my money were my mouth is and try to
> make the cleanups and fixes required, though without trying to avoid
> further external process calls, or changing the series around too
> much.
>
> One thing to consider here is that we have a GSoC project planned
> based on 'git stash'.  If we can't get this to 'next' soon, I'd vote
> for taking that project out of this years GSoC, and maybe try again
> next year, if nobody implemented the feature in the meantime.

FWIW I'd like to +1 getting it into "next" so this can be given thorough
testing in the 2.22

If there's still bugs or other regressions I think it's better sorted
out without the cognitive load of reviewing it all again.

Worst case we can always add something on top to flip the default of
stash.useBuiltin.