Subject: Re: Git v2.21.0-rc0 broken on *BSD, maybe others

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 14:07:14 +0100

On Tue, Feb 12 2019, SZEDER Gábor wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 01:13:35PM +0100, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>> As seen on https://gitlab.com/git-vcs/git-ci/branches there are
>> regressions since 2.19.0, e.g. we have hard compile errors on BSD now,
>> and maybe AIX. I haven't dug into it.
>
> Where exactly can we see those?  Could you please give us a link
> pointing directly to such a compile error?

Click on one of the branches, e.g. "master" ends up at
https://gitlab.com/git-vcs/git-ci/tree/master

Then besides the commit shown at the tip there's a yellow/red/blue
circle showing the CI status, e.g. for master currently that links to
https://gitlab.com/git-vcs/git-ci/pipelines/47139741

Those then show individual test targets
e.g. https://gitlab.com/git-vcs/git-ci/-/jobs/160004621 for the AIX
compile failure.

Some of those failures are false positives because it can't ssh to a
given test machine or whatever.