Subject: Re: git-blame.el: does not show one-line summary in echo area

From: David Kågedal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:15:40 +0100

Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:

> Dnia piątek 4. lutego 2011 10:53, David Kågedal napisał:
>
>> 3) Showing when you move to a different blame chunk, by showing a
>>    one-line summary in the echo area.
>
> There is even some prior art for this to borrow from, namely cperl-mode
> shows information about syntax at given point in echo area (minibuffer
> area) after some delay.  Just FYI.

Sure, there are a number of those (eldoc comes to mind). I think the
hardest part is figuring out what to show. A 40-charater hash is
probably not very useful. The problem is that the committer information,
date, and commit message first line takes up a lot of space. But we can
of course let the echo area grow to two lines, or even three.

I don't think I'll have time to cook something up right now, though.

-- 
David Kågedal