Subject: [PATCH/RFC 3/3] t/t5515: fixes for the separate fetch and merge logic

From: Santi Béjar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:10:41 +0100

1) branch.*.merge no longer must exactly match the remote part
   of the branch fetched. Both are expanded in full (as refs/heads/...)
   and matched afterwards.
2) When the remote is specified with $GIT_DIR/branches/... and there is
   a branch.*.merge, the remote branch name must match to get them merged.
   Before the branch in $GIT_DIR/branches/... was always merged.
   In the documentation the $GIT_DIR/branches/ is documented as a
   short-hand for a corresponding file in $GIT_DIR/remotes/, so I think
   this makes the new behaviour consistent.

Signed-off-by: Santi Béjar <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-merge            |    2 +-
 ...etch.br-branches-default-merge_branches-default |    2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-octopus          |    2 +-
 ...ch.br-branches-default-octopus_branches-default |    2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-merge                |    2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-merge_branches-one   |    2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-octopus               |    2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-octopus_config-glob   |    2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus               |    2 +-
 t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus_remote-glob   |    2 +-
 10 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-merge b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-merge
index ca85356..28b85e1 100644
--- a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-merge
+++ b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-merge
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
 # br-branches-default-merge
-754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	
+754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	not-for-merge
diff --git a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-merge_branches-default b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-merge_branches-default
index cb5acac..1d86ad1 100644
--- a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-merge_branches-default
+++ b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-merge_branches-default
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
 # br-branches-default-merge branches-default
-754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	
+754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	not-for-merge
diff --git a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-octopus b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-octopus
index 002b82e..22bed59 100644
--- a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-octopus
+++ b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-octopus
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
 # br-branches-default-octopus
-754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	
+754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	not-for-merge
diff --git a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-octopus_branches-default b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-octopus_branches-default
index 7443cf7..c584f16 100644
--- a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-octopus_branches-default
+++ b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-default-octopus_branches-default
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
 # br-branches-default-octopus branches-default
-754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	
+754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	not-for-merge
diff --git a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-merge b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-merge
index e594bec..c7f5013 100644
--- a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-merge
+++ b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-merge
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
 # br-branches-one-merge
-8e32a6d901327a23ef831511badce7bf3bf46689	
+8e32a6d901327a23ef831511badce7bf3bf46689	not-for-merge
diff --git a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-merge_branches-one b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-merge_branches-one
index 168031c..1473f5c 100644
--- a/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-merge_branches-one
+++ b/t/t5515/fetch.br-branches-one-merge_branches-one
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
 # br-branches-one-merge branches-one
-8e32a6d901327a23ef831511badce7bf3bf46689	
+8e32a6d901327a23ef831511badce7bf3bf46689	not-for-merge
diff --git a/t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-octopus b/t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-octopus
index da95823..0f324e0 100644
--- a/t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-octopus
+++ b/t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-octopus
@@ -2,4 +2,4 @@
 754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	not-for-merge
 8e32a6d901327a23ef831511badce7bf3bf46689	
 0567da4d5edd2ff4bb292a465ba9e64dcad9536b	not-for-merge
-6134ee8f857693b96ff1cc98d3e2fd62b199e5a8	not-for-merge
+6134ee8f857693b96ff1cc98d3e2fd62b199e5a8	
diff --git a/t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-octopus_config-glob b/t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-octopus_config-glob
index 0e7c769..8151e4c 100644
--- a/t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-octopus_config-glob
+++ b/t/t5515/fetch.br-config-glob-octopus_config-glob
@@ -2,4 +2,4 @@
 754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	not-for-merge
 8e32a6d901327a23ef831511badce7bf3bf46689	
 0567da4d5edd2ff4bb292a465ba9e64dcad9536b	not-for-merge
-6134ee8f857693b96ff1cc98d3e2fd62b199e5a8	not-for-merge
+6134ee8f857693b96ff1cc98d3e2fd62b199e5a8	
diff --git a/t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus b/t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus
index 92ef25c..4a14384 100644
--- a/t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus
+++ b/t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus
@@ -2,4 +2,4 @@
 754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	not-for-merge
 8e32a6d901327a23ef831511badce7bf3bf46689	
 0567da4d5edd2ff4bb292a465ba9e64dcad9536b	not-for-merge
-6134ee8f857693b96ff1cc98d3e2fd62b199e5a8	not-for-merge
+6134ee8f857693b96ff1cc98d3e2fd62b199e5a8	
diff --git a/t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus_remote-glob b/t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus_remote-glob
index 6ad3726..7f6f928 100644
--- a/t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus_remote-glob
+++ b/t/t5515/fetch.br-remote-glob-octopus_remote-glob
@@ -2,4 +2,4 @@
 754b754407bf032e9a2f9d5a9ad05ca79a6b228f	not-for-merge
 8e32a6d901327a23ef831511badce7bf3bf46689	
 0567da4d5edd2ff4bb292a465ba9e64dcad9536b	not-for-merge
-6134ee8f857693b96ff1cc98d3e2fd62b199e5a8	not-for-merge
+6134ee8f857693b96ff1cc98d3e2fd62b199e5a8	
-- 
1.5.0.35.gaaba