Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] add: support pre-add hook

From: Adrian Ratiu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2026 14:03:44 +0200

Hi Chandra,

On Thu, 05 Mar 2026, "Chandra Kethi-Reddy via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> @@ -576,6 +582,11 @@ int cmd_add(int argc,
>  		string_list_clear(&only_match_skip_worktree, 0);
>  	}
>  
> +	if (!show_only && !no_verify && find_hook(repo, "pre-add")) {
> +		run_pre_add = 1;
> +		orig_index_path = absolute_pathdup(repo_get_index_file(repo));
> +	}
> +

Please use hook_exists() instead of find_hook() because that works with
hooks defined via config files. Otherwise your hooks API usage is great.

Maybe add a test or two which define the pre-add hook via configs to
verify it works?

(regarding find_hook(), we sholud mark it as deprecated or convert all
its remaining uses and remove it, however that's outside the scope of
your series, no worries)