Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 00/11] Introduce git-history(1) command for easy history editing

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2025 22:13:42 +0300

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> over recent months I've been playing around with Jujutsu quite
> frequently. While I still prefer using Git, there's been a couple
> features in it that I really like and that I'd like to have in Git, as
> well.

[disclaimer: I didn't follow all the discussions closely enough, so
excuse me if these things below have been already addressed]

Are you aware of 'git revise', I wonder?

https://github.com/mystor/git-revise

In particular, its 

 git revise --interactive --edit

feature helps a lot in massive editing of commit messages. It creates
single file with all the commit messages (similar to todo list), and
then applies all the changes you make to the file as it revises
particular commits. Very handy.

It'd be nice to have something like this in the mainstream Git.

BTW, it has commit split feature as well, though I didn't use it myself.

Thanks,
-- Sergey Organov